I need to attend at least 1 herbal conference this year and as they typically they happen over the summer, I need to signup now. There are 2 that I’ve been watching for years now (seriously…at least 5) that are on the East Coast: International Herbal Conference in Massachusetts, and the one listed above in Vermont. There are a few reasons I’m choosing the above this year.
- Cost-it’s about half as much even without the
- Work study possibility because let’s face it, I’m going to find things that need doing and do them…might as well get a tuition discount if I can :D. Im on the waiting list and will find out next week if theres availability! (Helen from Sage Mt text me /swoon!)
- Rosemary Gladstar started this conference. While she’s still with us, I want to go.
- This year is the 30th year!
- It’s in late August as opposed to the last weekend of school in June (I’ll be cleaning out my room)
Now, while I am not relishing the idea of being social with 100s of close women herbalists (yes, no testosterone allowed), I am looking forward to the opportunity to network in the larger herbal community. Who knows, I might have sown my podcast roots by then and could nab an interview or two 😉
I’m going to unplug now and pine through the course selection guide, swinging in my hammock while listening to the birds peck through dried leaves and drinking nettle tea.
I should have pictures tomorrow to update contact me, about me and possibly my profile picture so I can turn this blog live!
PS: I totally forgot! If you’d like to join me, you can register here: New England Womens Herbal Conference