On 6/5, I did a summation post for May with goals for June. I was right in saying that they were indeed ambitious as I only met a few of them. Please read on for a critique of June’s goals, and setting of July’s goals.
Copied from the 6/5 post:
My goals for June:
- Rosemary Gladstar’s course: finish readings and submit homework up to and including lesson 3.
- Post to my blog weekly.
- Tweet daily.
- Start up herbal meetup through/ with downtown greens.
- Clean my herbal room
- Purge at least 1/2 from that room!
- Transplant seedlings.
- Complete goals/ life outlook in my dragontree planner.
- Do 1 course through Learning Herbs (jim mcdonald or susan weed’s 7 rivers)
- Gladstar complete up to lesson 4.
- Read one of the many herbal books I have…..
So where am I on them?
Sage: I really haven’t progressed, much to my frustration. Yes, I’ve read through lesson 2 and started the homework…what I’ve found in the past week however, is that I like the online format much better as it’s more interactive. There are also videos embedded at various points in the lesson that I haven’t watched yet.
Room: I’m about 95% done. It went from a hoarders dream (and my nightmare) where there was only a single path that I could walk down without making anything fall. I took a webinar in my room yesterday and man did it feel wonderful!!!
Social media: I have tweeted/retweeted daily! Blog posting I think this makes the 4th post this month? They have not been as on schedule as I want it to be. I also played with SnapChat, and don’t know that I’ll use it much as I hate posting pictures of myself. I’m also on Instagram, and am likewise underwhelmed. Maybe I’m just too old for them 😉
Herbal Arts Collective: YEA!! It’s becoming a thing! I emailed Downtown Greens about the intro meet and greet to no response. I figured out how to make an event on fbook (it was painful) but when I tagged DG, found that they already created it (which meant I had to take mine down-fun times). BUT there were 6 people “going”, and 22 people “interested”. Here I was thinking the 6+ month defunct group might have 5 at the intro meeting…..I am super excited its so big (and concerned I now have to impress people…..)
Seedlings and planner were a no go, and as to the extra HerbMentor course-I listened to the first 2 lectures of jim mcdonald’s Herbal Energetics, so it was at least started.
All in all, I’d say my goals were not realistic. Lets try this again:
- SAGE: complete up to homework lesson 3. I need to get going on this.
- Continue to Tweet daily/Blog weekly
- Complete my first interview for a magazine.
- Schedule July and August for Herbal Arts Collective and follow through to include monthly meet and greet, and at lease 1 class (I hope for 2 through Chestnut Herbal School).
- Look into teaching classes through the local Parks and Rec.
This is a pretty big list, some scary endeavors to undertake. Either I’ll fall flat and learn from it, or thrive.